RCA SU Election announced
Election results announced
Friday 10 May 2019, 8pm
RCA SU pleased to announce the three newly elected Co-Presidents for 2019/2020
Lucy Bird Rep WhiteCity, Aleks Stanek Rep Kensington, Gabi Davies Rep Battersea
RCA STUDENTS’ UNION
Kensington Gore, London SW7 2EU
T: +44 (0)20 7590 4211
WE WILL LISTEN TO YOU AND PRIORITISE YOUR CONCERNS AND INITIATI- VES BECAUSE WE GENUINELY CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. WE WILL DO THIS BY:
- Creating a welcoming and supportive environment, with a drop in open door on every campus each week.
- Establishing anonymous reporting both online and through physical boxes on each campus.
- Holding the college accountable to publish key statistics so there is open and clear communication.
- As the college expands we will constantly raise the attention of students’needs to ensure they remain at the centre of the college ́s priorities.
WE WANT TO ENSURE AN EQUAL REPRESENTATION OF ALL VOICES, AND MORE PROTECTION AGAINST DISCRIMINTION. WE WILL DO THIS BY:
- Pressuring the RCA to be part of the Higher Education Race Equality Charter, and expanding the Equality and Diversity Committee, to ensure zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination based on race, sexuality, gender, ability, class.
- Reviewing the accessibility of language used in the college for non-native speakers, and developing a booklet for international students which specifically explores the integration of academic and cultural structures.
- Continue the work to improve mental health and disability support.
- Improve social spaces and site integration, focusing on developing an evening
bar in White City and Battersea.
- Support and work alongside the teachers unions.
WE WANT TO CREATE AND PROMOTE OUR WORK IN A SUSTAINABLE WAY. WE WILL DO THIS BY:
- Promoting platforms for student ́s works and initiatives through events, societies and fairs.
- Integrating sustainability teaching on all courses and inductions.
- Improving the visibility and process of recycling on campus.
- Pressurising and holding publicly accountable the institution so facilities and infrastructures are adequate for us to make work.
- Setting up a skill share platform both online and through events to encourage collaboration and networking between campuses.
WE WANT THE RCA TO BE A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE FROM ANY BACKGROUND CAN THRIVE.
WE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE UNIVERSITY IS DOING ALL IT COULD TO FACILITATE AN ECONOMICALLY AND CULTURALLY DIVERSE STUDENT BODY.
WE WILL STRIVE TO CORRECT THIS.
WE WILL PUSH FOR COMPULSORY DIVERSITY TRAINING FOR COLLEGE STAFF. WE WILL ADVOCATE FOR FURTHER DIVERSIFICATION OF STAFF AND CURRICULUM. WE WILL BUILD A CULTURE OF CONSENT.
WE WILL NOT BE QUIET ABOUT THE LACK OF ECONOMIC DIVERSITY IN THE COLLEGE. WE WILL NOT SHUT UP ABOUT INEQUALITY.
OUR COMMUNITY IS OUR GREATEST ASSET.
THE UNIVERSITY’S CURRENT PRIORITIES ARE NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE COMMUNITY.
WE WILL PROMOTE SOLIDARITY BETWEEN STAFF AND STUDENTS.
WE WILL SEEK TO EXPAND THE AVAILABILITY OF SOCIAL, COMMUNAL SPACE ACROSS ALL THREE CAMPUSES.
WE WILL PRIORITISE THE IMPROVEMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH INITIATIVES AND ASSISTANCE FOR STUDENTS FACING FINANCIAL HARDSHIP.
WE WILL WORK WITH STUDENT SUPPORT TO IMPROVE THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXPERIENCE. WE WILL PUSH FOR FACILITIES THAT ARE INCLUSIVE OF ALL ABILITIES AND GENDERS.
WE WILL AIM TO IMPROVE THE COLLEGE’S ECO-FRIENDLY PRACTICES.
TRANSPARENCY ENABLES ACCOUNTABILITY; ACCOUNTABILITY GIVES US AGENCY. YOU DESERVE AGENCY.
POOR COMMUNICATION IS THE VEIL THAT MASKS THE ADMINISTRATIVE INEPTITUDE OF THE COLLEGE, RESULTING IN WIDESPREAD CONFUSION, FRUSTRATION, AND APATHY AMONGST STUDENTS AND STAFF ALIKE.
WE WILL DEMAND CLARITY REGARDING THE AGENDA BEING PURSUED BY THE COLLEGE AND ITS FUTURE INTENTIONS.
WE WILL HOLD THE INSTITUTION TO ACCOUNT AND ENSURE THAT ITS AGENDA SERVES THE RIGHTFUL NEEDS OF ITS STUDENTS.
WE WILL GIVE YOU A VOICE.
WE WILL ENSURE YOUR VOICE IS HEARD.